Friday, August 04, 2006

School Leadership model: The West Wing


Most people who know me will know that probably my only televisual treat that I mould my day around is the mighty WEST WING. I got into this early on and now am a bit of a WW anorak - much to the amusement of most of my friends. I have been doing a course recently which is the PQH and prepares teachers to become head Teachers and I have decided that I can apply many of the management and leadership techniques as seen in the WW to my daily life as a school manager/leader. I like to think about the different styles of the different members of the Senior leadership team in our school and give them a possible WW role. I have always been a fan of Josh - so I like to think my management style pretty similiar. An eye for detail but sometimes not on this planet . . . wel sort of. if definitley is one of those management theories that I think could get me famous . . . More soon . .

No comments: