Monday, August 06, 2007

It's been a while . . .


I have neglected my blog! The monthst from March to present have just been too hectic and I have not had the opportunity to keep this up to date with my thoughts and ideas as I go. I decided to take the whole month of July off to unwind and recharge the batteries. It has been a good summer - even though the weather has been pretty rubbish - we went to France for a few weeks and got pretty good weather. We visited the Normandy beaches (my fourth time), stayed a while in Brittany and then stopped in Disneyland Paris on the way home. Altogether a pretty good time. I will maybe write up a few posts about some aspects of this later. However, I want to maybe end this revisit to my site with a warning. In June, I was just about hanging together when some people kept saying to me about how great teacher's holidays are and how we should get real jobs etc. I came to the point that the next person to say that to me really was going to be spitting teeth. Last year I think I worked harder that I ever have. I went to bed very late and got up very early to fit in all the things I wanted to do. It was stressful and looking back now, probably too stressful and I am going to try very hard to make sure that my stress levels odo not reach the same point as they did this year. So seriously, if you really want to annoy me . . . tell me about teachers get big long summer holidays . . because you know what, I work really hard the rest of the year to deserve them and if I didnt get a month off every July I know I would burn out in no time. Roll on July 2008! Already starting to plan the holiday!

No comments: