Sunday, March 25, 2007

I am a film maker!


This week I launched a cool Film competition in my school that will hopefully lead to a Film Festival and celebration of the talents of the people in my school some time in May. To help the launch process - I actually put together 2 films myself to show the kids the type of thing they could do. I tried to mix up the presentation types a bit - using photos, video images, stuff I had got from the net and stuff that I had shot on a video camera myself.


I have put the first Launch film onto YouTube - you can see it on this page


The second film is one that I produced about 2 years ago as part of our part and contribution for the Make Pverty History Campaign. My colleague Mike Bennett came up with the idea of getting the school to make a visual representation of Africa in the playground - my job was to take the picture . . . . but I thought I mught also document the process with my video camera too . . . and I am glad that I did . . . . . . have a look at our Make Poverty History Campaign video here. I must admit that I am pretty proud that the video was featured on the Northern Ireland MPH web site and the picture that I took was used in some of the publicity for the campaign as well.


I am really only starting to discover the many uses and delights of YouTube recently - though I am well impressed and certainly I do intend to be putting a few more of my films on in the near future.


Ps - More details about the competition can be found on my web site

1 comment:

benp said...

MyMovieNetwork is a unique online film community made up of filmmakers, directors, actors, producers, cast, crew and film enthusiasts. MyMovieNetwork.com is a portal that provides members and visitors with tools to showcase work around the world by uploading their films and portfolios as well as, learn from, network and collaborate with fellow movie makers.