Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Are cars bad?



I want one of these. Is that bad? I have been reading Jeremy Clarkson's book recently which I suppose as opposite as you can get to being an environmentally friendly geography teacher. To Clarkson, I am probably some sort of tree-hugging friend of Bill Oddie who thinks we should all ride about on milk floats. But the big question is just how bad are cars? Does the amount of pollution taht gets pumped out of exhausts cause a noticeable difference to the environment? Are cars bad? If so - why have we not got good enough replacements yet. I cant actually get a bus from my house to my work - there just isnt a bus that would get me home and anyway I normally have to get to Belfast to pick the kids up before I get home. It would take me about 5 hours to get home using public transport. Give me a fuel efficient, low emission, non-carbon burning car and I will be happy. I dont want to pollute the environment but give me better options. Please.
Monday 21 January 2008

No comments: